Monday, July 23, 2007

Things you Find in a Malay Wedding


Us at Faridah's daughter's wedding on 22 July 2007. Was on verge of tearing when I hugged her ... so miss everyone!! Oh, and we met Nasir, Mui Eng, Siew Chin, Mariah, Suhaimi, Cheryl, Kuda, Woon San & Hui Chu there too.

I do love being in a multi racial country ... *sings* This is Home .... Truly ... where I know I must Be .......hehehehe

So here are some things typical of a Malay Wedding:

Simple yet elegantly done up .... nice


Anugerah 2007 ? For the idol in us all


Always been facinated by these arrangements ....if you have yet to notice, they are made of egg shells. Each guest will receive a bunga telur, which means 'flower' and 'egg' - a symbol of a fertile union



During the bersanding (sitting in state) ceremony, the bridal couple will be seated on the dais and sprinkled with yellow rice and scented water by family members, relatives and guests as a sign of blessing.


More dancing for the newly wed


Arch of love ... pretty modern feature though ...

Noticed the smiley handsome man .. yes thats Mohd Yusof!! Din even realised he was posing

And what's a wedding without Briyani !!


And Thank You gifts for the guests for their kind generosity

2 comments:

Unknown said...

preparing for your own hah... learn from experience so next time ur turn will be easier lor... hahaha

Eliza said...

wah so informative & entertaining... wish i were there to eat the nasi briyani!