Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 4 - Our first experience on the Snow Mobil!

Day 4 in Takayama was filled with anticipation as we were told this is THE day & we can finally ride on the Snow Mobil!Yahoo !! Snow ... snow everywhere .. I feel like I am in heaven ...hehehe

Here's us in our stylo mylo gear ... though Sand will tell you that I can hardly squeeze into the helmet ...hahaha ...and I thought my head was proportionately smaller !!


Getting the 2 of us into the snow mobile was not an easy task cos of our bulky jackets but we finally made it. Very good cushioning !!hehehe



Off we went round the track and thinking that the one with the driving license will have more control of the vehicle (what a MAJOR mistake!!), Sand put me behind the wheel ....*gasp*


For someone with short & stumpy fingers, it was VERY difficult to control the acceleration (yup, it operates like a jet ski) & steer the vehicle at corners and you guessed it, not only did I dived straight into the snow wall & got stuck once, I did it TWICE !!!

Major malu cos we had at least 8 more snow mobiles trailing behind us and we blocked the entire path !hahahaha...

Good thing was that our tour mates were really helpful and came to our rescue (too bad all came along with their spouses ... darn !hahahaha) But I must say that I dreaded all corners and sweat buckets whenever one is near .. thankfully I finally got the hang of things & we had a great time stopping along to take some breathe taking pictures. The sky was in the most beautiful shade of blue with cottony white clouds drifting along.

Here are pics taken along the way ...enjoy !









This is pic that Sand tried to take of me while riding pillion ...check out my soaked face .. told you it was HARD work ! My arms ached for the rest of the trip ...


Finally at the finishing line!! Yipppee !!


And time for SNOW FIGHT !! Here I come .....





All satisfied sitting in the snow (my butt was wet man).... except for the frost bite which I will only experience 1 day later ....hehehe

Sand attempting the snow sledge ???


Err ... from all the way up there ? Notice the brave soul standing at the little hut ... no that was NOT us ....hehehe ...

Wheeeee ......my favourite pic of our little tour mate zooming down the slope ...

See I tried too ....ok ok, I admit, I posed with the sledge but it looks real right ???!!


And a perfectly timed ending pose ! Though it looks more like surfing ....hahaha


Sand infected by my kawaii-ness

All hot & sweaty but I LOVE it !!

No comments: