Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Good workout, great buds & surprises !

What started out as a depressing day turned out really well and put me in good spirits!

You see, earlier in the day I called in sick due to my sinus attack and ever persistent IBS problem that had me all curled up in bed, refusing to budge except my trip to the clinic which by the way is this really cute young doc and I almost wished I din looked so Auntie in front of him ..I know, I am hopeless...still so vain though in pain ..hehehe

Ok, back to story. What's worse was that the day was extremely humid (well, I refused to switch on th aircon in my bid to save the environmemnt mahA)and I was in a super grouchy and irritable mood.Spent a good part of the late afternoon trying to sleep my way thru the heat and by the time evening came (must be the cooler air), I was feeling all better and ready to groove to the beat of the TFG indoor "bootcamp" session at Bishan. The thought of working out always gets me all energised..hehehe

So, I happily don my hip hoppy attire (trying to look cool mah) and skipped my way outta the house.Blasting my favourite HAIRSPRAY CD while I drive, I must have been quite a sight to behold with my attempts to drive and dance all at the same time.Probably the drivers in the next lane are thinking I am having a fit of some sort...hahahah ..then again, who cares cos Wendy is HAPPY !Woo Hoo !!

The workout was great with lots of dance moves and coordination which had many of us tripping over our own feet and catching our balance without starting a dominino effect.All that beads of perspiration trickling down the happy faces really adds on to the enjoyment of the session.And who can forget the cooling down segment where we had to do some yoga poses and put our core muscles to the test...I really need to work harder on that..hehehe

And you know what's the icing on the cake ? San & Ler appeared at the session with Koi Bubble tea that I have been dying to try ! Ok ok , I know bubble tea is a real NO NO especially with all that creamer & starch but but but ...= P

So here I am happily sipping the bubble MILK tea (lots hugz to Ler & San) and mentally consoling myself that I will burn those calories up during my "public performance" tomorrow at JP2 .Oh, and did I mention that San bought me a pair of beautiful blue hair clips from Helen to cheer up this grouch ? She is such a sweetie right ...buddies are god's gift !

No comments: