Did a skin punch biopsy(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin_biopsy)at NUH today cos have been having weird reddish patches that itches like mad on my thighs and legs for the past months. I have been to at least 5 GPs who prescribed me all sorts of cream and pills but nothing helps.
Initially I thought was due to the bites from Chongqing in June but having consulted the specialist (Dr Jeanne from NUH derma clinic), a skin punch biopsy was needed to determine the cause.
I totally freaked out on friday during my med appt when Dr Jeanne told me that I need to do a minor op for the SPB and was trying to wriggle my way out but to no avail so I had to drag myself to the hospital today.
Lying on the hospital bed, I can't help but feel my heart racing at turbo speed.. i am soooo fearful of pain and needles. What's worse, it was mentioned that there will be stitches involved (I was imagining myself with a looooong row of stitches across my thighs like train tracks). Needless to say, my blood pressure shot sky high and the nurse was trying to coax me to relax. yup, I am a HUGE SCARDY CAT!
When the LA was administered, it was PAINFUL (okie, in princess Wenz's context..heheheh)and what happened next was in a flurry... a cloth was placed on my thighs, swap of alcohol, lotsa snipping sounds, pressure applied, metal clanking, snip , snap and okie it is DONE!Woah, tt's FAST even before my head can start spinning from trying to imagine the procedure!
So it wasn't THAT bad after all ...= P
But now that I have removed the gauze, the wound still looks kinda raw and the stitches fresh. Oh and I have bluish black bruise the size of a 50cents coin..eekk ...
Initially I thought was due to the bites from Chongqing in June but having consulted the specialist (Dr Jeanne from NUH derma clinic), a skin punch biopsy was needed to determine the cause.
I totally freaked out on friday during my med appt when Dr Jeanne told me that I need to do a minor op for the SPB and was trying to wriggle my way out but to no avail so I had to drag myself to the hospital today.
Lying on the hospital bed, I can't help but feel my heart racing at turbo speed.. i am soooo fearful of pain and needles. What's worse, it was mentioned that there will be stitches involved (I was imagining myself with a looooong row of stitches across my thighs like train tracks). Needless to say, my blood pressure shot sky high and the nurse was trying to coax me to relax. yup, I am a HUGE SCARDY CAT!
When the LA was administered, it was PAINFUL (okie, in princess Wenz's context..heheheh)and what happened next was in a flurry... a cloth was placed on my thighs, swap of alcohol, lotsa snipping sounds, pressure applied, metal clanking, snip , snap and okie it is DONE!Woah, tt's FAST even before my head can start spinning from trying to imagine the procedure!
So it wasn't THAT bad after all ...= P
But now that I have removed the gauze, the wound still looks kinda raw and the stitches fresh. Oh and I have bluish black bruise the size of a 50cents coin..eekk ...
No comments:
Post a Comment