Sigh...ever encountered a mistake so innocent & unintentional that one could not bear to scold the one involved ? To cut the story short, gran who is of super kan cheong nature, unintentionally bumped poor Baby Jun's head hard on the door knob (heard was a nasty red swelling) in her hurry to move from the room to the hall. This set out a chain reaction whereby tempers start to rise (not surprisingly since we are talking abt a 18 day old baby here) and fingers start to point and tears rolled.
Am in 2 minds abt the incident.On one hand, I would like to give my gran a piece of my mind for being so careless when dealing with such a fragile baby knowing fully well her own condition (rheumatism & all) & being a danger to both Baby Jun & myself if accidents happened. Yet on the other hand, I know she is all gulity and heart broken for causing any hurt to her beloved grandson, more so such a bad bump which knocked the wind out of him & caused him to cry endless. Was so worried that I gotten the mum & confinement lady to monitor Baby Jun for any signs of distress (vomitting etc) and to bring to the doc immediately if that happens.
Me being the all filial grandaughter & loving cousin, am torn in between so what more could I do but to cuddle Baby Jun & kiss him to sleep while giving gran a prep talk on the vulnerability of babies in their developmental years and how she can be a potential danger to the baby of she is not careful. Sigh .... I am not in the most envious position am I ?
Monday, November 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh... i suggest since there are so many ppl at your grand's pl.. then she shld not move ard too much while carrying the baby... try not to multi-task... as for your aunt, i tink she ought to do things herself & not treat herself like a queen & the rest as maids (including grannie)...i'm dead worried for your cousin under his mother's care :(
Point taken but what to do when anxious grannie is in the pic and wanting to do everything.Will speak more to Baby Jun's mummy & share with her on how to take care of babies (as though I have given birth before ..hahaha) so am reading up...
Post a Comment