Was walking through the auditorim of SP on Friday with my co-emcee for the company's staff briefing and was suddenly overwhelmed by a wave of emotion. Was holding back my tears as I recalled how almost one year ago I was at the same place, walking the same grounds, feeling the same atmosphere but that time round, was performing at the Staff Forum of my ex company. How sad it sounded ... ex company ... sigh .... (yes yes yes ... women are emotional creatures..hehehe)
While on stage, facing my new colleagues (kinda scary though cos everyone had high expectation of this newbie here) , for just a moment, I was hoping for familiar faces to appear ... people that had seen me through my freshie years and shed tears of frustration & joy with me for the past 6 yrs but it was all wistful thinking. Same place but the atmosphere was now totally different and I had to make new contacts, build new relationships and establish new support system.
Good thing was the crowd was responsive and we had several pats on our backs throughout the briefing and I started to enjoy the session. It sudden dawn upon me that its time to move on ...yup, that's what I should do ... or attempt at least (will try okie)....hehehe ...
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment