Monday, January 19, 2009

I am a trainer's nightmare

Have you ever attended a training and came out of the class totally dumbfounded ?Well it was exactly how I felt today after Day 1 of training. Granted, it was an enjoyable session, trainer was pretty eloquent and engaging,but I was struggling real hard to make the connection between what was taught and the course objectives. Tek boleh match sia ...sigh ....

I "endured" all the way till the end of the class before I could no longer hold my horses and charged ... err... strolled cooly more likely, to the trainer, flashed my innocent grin and then went for the kill ...muahahaha ..and said, "After an entire day of training, I am still UNABLE to see the connection of the content with the OBJECTIVEs ....blah blah blah ....as HR (though me participant only) need to ensure that money is well invested in effective course with real application ...blah blah blah .... "

This obviously was kind of a shocker to the trainer cos by that time, all of his other "students" have gleefully scooted out of the room (of cos what, ended at 5pm),except this joker.

So the next 10 min was spent trying to flip through the handbook (which was like not used 90% of the time while teaching)to show me where the course objective was and trying his level best to convince me of the indirect linkage of all that was taught.

At the end of our conversation, I was none wiser and even more pissed (which resulted in this entry) with the far fetch concept that was presented.
Maybe it is an occupational hazard (to constantly evaluate trainers), maybe it is just me with my high expectations , or maybe , probably maybe, the trainer just happen to be "suay" to meet me with my Monday Blues .
One takeaway though .. I am an ENTP type under MBTI profile ....will that give a clue why I am such a nightmare ?hahahaa


No comments: