Yup, this is my Virgin Run and boy am I excited ! Honestly, I have not been training for this run but I thought, what the heck, if I do not try, I will NEVER know if my body can meet up to this challenge
For those who know me would know that I have managed to shed almost 10kg from participating in last year's LOSE TO WIN CHALLENGE by HPB and have since then, resumed my exercise regime (yup, I used to be quite a gym rat 6 yrs back when I was still in NLB @ Millenia). This run was a challenge I posed to myself ever since I discovered the joy of jogging last year. To me, this is amazing cos I have NEVER passed my 2.4km in school and HATED jogging all my life. The LTW Challenge has changed my perception so here I am, all prepared to embark on more runs ... But not before I survive the 5km Shape Run today !Hehehe
So it was with great excitement that I met Sandy and Minz at the starting point and boy was it crowded! I heard there were like 10, 000 women for this event..what great news! Amongst us, I could see women of all shapes and sizes all geared up for the run. I knew that I had to start small so opted for the 5km run instead. Janey who is an avid runner went for 10km (kudos !). I was really glad that San made it for the run despite (1) recovering from flu (2)doesn't exceptionally like running (3)it was a run at 7.30am on a Sunday morning ...hehehe ..hugz
My personal target was simple.. Do Not Stop and aim for the finishing line and with this, I paced myself throughout the route and ran at a constant speed. With my trusty MP3 blasting (and I mean it was REAL loud) away my favourite, fast beat songs, I was enjoying myself throughout the run and even broke into a little shoulder shimmy & finger snapping repertoire..hahaha
With the finishing line just ahead, I kept telling myself to push a little harder and all I could think of was "You Can DO It, WENDY, YOU CAN !" I must say that it was exhilarating to cross the finishing line and I was grinning from ear to ear like a Cheshire Cat at the accomplishment
For many, completing 5km under 46min may seem insignificant and a terrible result but to me, I was proud of the fact that I did not stop despite fatigue and best of all, I accomplish what I set out to do. =
So here's some shots of me and Sandy being crazy after the run ...hehehe
For those who know me would know that I have managed to shed almost 10kg from participating in last year's LOSE TO WIN CHALLENGE by HPB and have since then, resumed my exercise regime (yup, I used to be quite a gym rat 6 yrs back when I was still in NLB @ Millenia). This run was a challenge I posed to myself ever since I discovered the joy of jogging last year. To me, this is amazing cos I have NEVER passed my 2.4km in school and HATED jogging all my life. The LTW Challenge has changed my perception so here I am, all prepared to embark on more runs ... But not before I survive the 5km Shape Run today !Hehehe
So it was with great excitement that I met Sandy and Minz at the starting point and boy was it crowded! I heard there were like 10, 000 women for this event..what great news! Amongst us, I could see women of all shapes and sizes all geared up for the run. I knew that I had to start small so opted for the 5km run instead. Janey who is an avid runner went for 10km (kudos !). I was really glad that San made it for the run despite (1) recovering from flu (2)doesn't exceptionally like running (3)it was a run at 7.30am on a Sunday morning ...hehehe ..hugz
My personal target was simple.. Do Not Stop and aim for the finishing line and with this, I paced myself throughout the route and ran at a constant speed. With my trusty MP3 blasting (and I mean it was REAL loud) away my favourite, fast beat songs, I was enjoying myself throughout the run and even broke into a little shoulder shimmy & finger snapping repertoire..hahaha
With the finishing line just ahead, I kept telling myself to push a little harder and all I could think of was "You Can DO It, WENDY, YOU CAN !" I must say that it was exhilarating to cross the finishing line and I was grinning from ear to ear like a Cheshire Cat at the accomplishment
For many, completing 5km under 46min may seem insignificant and a terrible result but to me, I was proud of the fact that I did not stop despite fatigue and best of all, I accomplish what I set out to do. =
So here's some shots of me and Sandy being crazy after the run ...hehehe

So what's a great run without reward right ? MAKAN TIME !! Yiiippppeeee !
No comments:
Post a Comment