Thursday, April 19, 2007

Breakfast For Dinner anyone ?

Yummm .. here I am munching on my cheese (calories ladden cheddar no less) on toasted multi grain bread (my redemption factor ... healthy what) accompanied by a nice cold cup of HL milk and oh, not forgetting my 3 blistery looking (dunno why it turned out with strange bumps) sausages ... cest la vie ...

In case you are wondering ... no this is not my bkf but my dinner for today! Guess I am one of those weird folks who likes to have bkf for dinner (you know, like cereals and oat and pancakes and toasts .. you get the picture) , fries dipped in Macs strawberry sundane, eats harshbrown with raspberry jam and thinks M&Ms with rice can be quite yummy. You think I'm mad too dun you .. admit it my friend ...hahahaha

To say that I am adventurous with food ? Nah ... I dun agree cos I am not the 1st in line to try weird ,and I really meant Fear Factor worthy kind of weird, food when I am overseas. Think the furthest I went was to eat fried grasshoppers along the streets of Bangkok (very oily and salty) & steamed sikworm cocoons (reek of ammonia man) in Korea. Pretty mild I would say.

Was just discussing with my colleagues who just came back from China on the kind of weird stuff she has eaten and apparently fried bees & scorpion are pretty good and she stop short of eating 田鼠 and dog's meat. Have seen signboards promoting cat, donkey, crocodile's meat and my uncle even tried monkey's meat which I thought was totally gross. Heard in parts of Msia, sparrows are BBQ and served... sigh ... always believed that some creatures are created not for human consumption.

Having said that, it is not only the Chinese(not being discriminatory cos I am a Chinese too) who eats weird stuff .. even the westerners have their own delicacies which I find it tough to stomach .
This article is pretty cool on both end of the spectrum so check it out http://www.maxent.org/ch/exotic_food.html

No comments: