Sunday, September 02, 2007

Movies You Must Watch

This is a REALLY Good show which you must watch if you are like me and into :
1. Movies surrounding heartlanders and Aunties and Getai
2. Musical be it English, Mandarin or HOKKIEN !
3. Lots of glittery costume and tons of feathers
4. Crying buckets and buckets over the slightest display of emotion

I totally enjoyed the show though my understanding of Hokkien is limited (thank god for subtitles) and loved everything in it, except of cos the SUPER irritating Durian Sisters .. then again , they make really good villians especially with their bad mandarin.

Was sobbing uncontrollably in the theatre at the heart wrenching ending and was trying really hard to catch my breathe between sobs. But me not alone okie, the Uncle sitting next to me was also wiping away his tears throughout the show and then acting all macho when the lights went on ...hehehe

Okie, on a lighter note, I caught HAIRSPRAY over the weekend too and this is another fun movie to watch. Besides, Sand says the lead looks like ME !! HAhahaa ... So you can imagine a short and cubbly girl singing and dancing and prancing all over the screen (Tracy's her name) ...Big girl with a even bigger Heart .. wish I was REALLY like that.

In any case, there are quite a few eye candy in this show (check out the boys!Drool .. love those blue eyes ... sigh ....) and the songs are fun to listen to ... very infectious and sets you humming along. For those who love the 60s, this brings you back in time where bigger the DO (as in HairDO) ...higher the WHO-meter (think Ms Popularity!) Long Live hairspray !

And John Travolta is SOOOOOOO adorable and endearing in this movie that for a moment, I wished he could stay that way! And boy, does he look good in PINK !hehehe

So if you have the time ... do catch this movie ...for a sneak preview, check out this site http://www.hairspraymovie.com/

1 comment:

Eliza said...

oooohhh I watched the show and I think Link is soooooooooo handsome!!! Shhh... dun tell my husband...