Saturday, March 01, 2008

Chariot Procession in the heart of Seng Kang

I was happily sending hatching eggs and poking my friends in Facebook when the sound of drums and pipes was heard in the distance.Curiousity got the better of me as the sound became increasingly loud so I took a peek out of the window and saw a procession approaching!

Here comes a good photography opportunity so I dashed to my void deck with camera in hand . And yes, in my very auntie shorts and slipperts ...hehehe

So here are some shots I have gotten .


This is the chariot, along with the guardians, which is bringing the Deity around the estate.


Crowds gathering to pay their respects and of course, some Kay Poh ones like me to watch the procession.

Devotees of different races with their offerings waiting in line.


Here's a look at the offerings.


Such events like this make me realise how fortunate I am to live in a multi racial society and how proud I am to be a Singaporean.


Standing amongst the crowd of mostly Indians, no one even gave me a second look, cos I am sure I stood out like a sore thumb, and some even smiled at me and made way for me to snap the pictures. Thats what I love, tolerance and acceptance of one's difference.


No comments: