Thursday, March 29, 2007

Belle Law

Belle is now lying quietly next to her stack of hay as I speak. Can't help but take nervous peeks constantly just to make sure her breathing is regular.The past 2 days have been really tramatic for her and heart wrenching for me, with a regular visit to the Animal Clinic taking a turn for the worse, having to put her though GA and waiting a dreadful 60 mins for her to wake, witnessing her coughing violently & fluid spewing from her nostril to rushing down to Mt Pleasant Hospital last nite at 11pm ...I am tired but am sure it must have been worse for my piggie.
****************************************
Every cough increase my anxiety and make me wanna pick her up and hug her tight but I know that will only stress her up. So here I am, feeling pretty helpless and starring at her while she lies in her pee pen (yes, thats what she likes to do, strange right but prob cos she likes the warmth from her pee ....hehehe) and eye lids start to shut. Am suddenly gripped by fear of the unthinkable... what if Belle doesn't wake up ??
*****************************
To think abt it, it has been almost 5 yrs since I adopted Belle from Dawn. Though she is one problematic piggie, with mites infection, missing incisors and whats not, she is such a fiesty little dearie. Because of her mite problems she had to undergo at least 5 jabs over a period of 1 year and at each visit she will huddle close to me, still allowing the vet to adminster the jabs. I would be squirming and crying if the jabs were for me .. yes, I am a cry baby.
*************************************
My family always teased me on adopting such a "ma fan" pet knowing that I have been spending quite a fortune on her regular visits to the vet and buying all sorts of pellets and hay and snacks, just so Belle can try and decides which she likes best. But, I am very sure to every pet owner, their little ones are as precious to them as Belle is to me and no amount of money is considered wasteful or unneccessary. Their happiness is priceless ... = )
********************************************
For those who have been asking after Belle, thank you so much .... I will continue to monitor her condition and will bring her to the specialist on Monday (thats the earliest I appt .. sigh) to ascertain what could be done to her wayward molars that's causing her to choke on her accumulating saliva and food. As the previous vet warned me, it may come to a stage where Belle will stop eating altogether and I had to put her on a liquid diet. I hope that day will not come cos she loves her timothy hay and apples ...


Belle, when she was in a better state ... she looks much cuter in "person" though.

No comments: