Yup, so thats exactly what we did today. Usual yrs, it will start with us trudging to the temple at Bright Hill early in the morning (like 6.30 am! ) and mum had to drag me out of bed and out of my PJs definitely but this yr, we sleepy heads were able to convince our parents that "traffic" will be better later in the morning so I managed to squeeze in at least 3 more hrs of sleep.hahahaha...
So here are some pics taken ... all with good intention of our Chinese tradition...
Who can miss the ever present "Flower Auntie" who will not fail to convince passerbys to add more flowers to our offerings . As you can see, I snapped this REALLY quickly while she was preoccupied with her phone. Dun wanna know what she will do if she has seen my camera!
Bright Hill temple at Sim Ming Drive which was bustling with activities getting an early start to the Qing Ming Festival.
Our offerings consisting of fruits, vegetarian buns and noodles and of cos joss papers and all. After this, we went round to "visit" my great grandfather, great granduncle and uncle George. When I was younger, it will always spook me to step into the "house of urn" and I will hide behind mum, letting my imagination run wild but now that I've matured (hopefully), I appreciate the chance to pay my respects to them and hope that they are doing well.
With such great weather (love clear blue skies man), we decided to make our way to the other end of the island ....the Christian Cemetry at Choa Chu Kang. This was my first visit there and I was full of anticipation.
I was pleasantly surprised by the tranquility and I could even hear the birds chripping and leaves rustling in the wind. Colourful windmills were also seen spinning gayly in the wind and only one word could fully describe .... peaceful.....
1 comment:
finally, got the updated version of ur blog.
Post a Comment