In any case, Pagoh used to be my holiday getaway every school holiday and I looked forward to the trishaw ride in Muar where I will be squashed among vegetables, fruits and what's not that Grannie will bring to my grandaunt & family. And not forgetting the endless sacks of durians my uncle & aunt will pick from their durian plantation and the familiar smell of processed rubber (my relatives used to tap rubber from their plantation and processed them into sheets for sale).
This unexpected trip has brought back lots of memories and I am pleasantly surprised that Pagoh has not changed much for the past 20 years. Was literally having the mental image of me running around the house just like the good old days. Here are some pictures from my trip.
This is the much spoken about toilet. Note that there is no flushing system so the little purple container is very useful ! And yes, I showered here too with icy cold water (no heater too!)stored in the blue tiled compartment. Trust me, one scoop of that icy water will immediately wake even the most sleepy soul. On top of that, you will also have Lizzies and mozzies as your willing audience ...arrgghhh ... shower time is always 5 min flat for me! Hahaha
And this is the low lying well in the processing room (aka storeroom now) which I was fearful of cos I will always imagine myself tripping and falling into it. In fact there is another HUGE well that I used to play with (used to think it was fun to throw the bucket into the well and fetch water like "adults") but din had time to pop by for some pics during this trip.
Will continue to blog abt the food tomorrow .. am sleeping now cos super tired after driving back earlier this evening ...yup, I did it .. I drove in Msia ! hahaha
No comments:
Post a Comment