Saturday, October 06, 2007

Incredible India

Am now half sober in my GRT hotel room in Chennai.. just had at least 3 mugs of Kingfisher beer (India's domestic beer) within 2 hours and trust me, I am in a happy mood..hahaha
For those who intend to visit Chennai, check out club Dubai, it is pretty happening and we had fun dancing and prancing to Hindi music. I even did my Bhanga dance and no one even care!! Yeah !!


Today was a super busy day and I interviewed at least 30 folks from 9 - 7pm and some coudn't even speak English so I did my best giving intelligent nods when my hiring managers conversed with them in Tamil and Hindi. Most of them were so nervous and fearful of us that they reel back in shock when we ask them to pose us some quesions.



Lunch was great cos we visited this Msia restuarant and had prata, dahl, tandoori chicken, chicken curry and masala tea. Though the waiter was completely confused by our orders ( we only had 6 pax!) and even overcharged us of which my Indian colleague gave him a earful.


Lining the streets of Chennai were beggar syndicates who hires children to beg and pester visitors like us. Felt really bad for the little girl in torn clothes, tugging at my shirt but I know once I whip out my wallet, either the entire gang will descend upon me or I will lose my wallet totally.


Life in Chennai is pretty much backward with some developments(though half done expressways & buildings are spotted) and traffic is incredible. There are hardly traffic lights around and there are no markings on the road so drivers honk honk honk their way through.


Dinner was at this nicely furnished North Indian restaurant and the masala papoodam and mint churney is yummy. We had a platter of various BBQ meat and cubes of cottage cheese which honestly taste like tau fu. Realised from my colleague that Indians typically take dinner only at 8 plus so we were really like fish out of water when we ate the appetiser and did not proceed to any main course.


Okie, the time is 1.50am Chennai time (SG 4.16am) and I really need to sleep cos I will see more candidates tomorrow before I have to make a decision. Nite Nite

No comments: