Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Humpty Dumpty Had a Great Fall

For those who have seen me over the past 2 days, yup, I am walking with a slight limp and there is only 1 person to blame . ME ....... & my vanity of cos!

You see, I have been wondering over the past few weeks, how on earth can my colleague wear wedges to work every single day. I mean, isn't it awkward to walk in them ?? No, she convinces me that they are extremely comfortable to walk in and I shd go get myself one... of which I DID!

The rest of the story is pretty predictable, yah, I twisted my ankle while attempting to wobble my way around BUT what's worse is that I FELL then got TWISTED! Yes, just like Humpty Dumpty in his great Fall . Except I wasn't rolling on the floor , or at least I tried not to...hahahaha

To cut the story short, I was wobbling my way to the car with my gym bag, lap top bag, handbag (yah, on hindsight, i was asking for it) in those WEDGES when I swayed a little and DOWN I went... first on the right knee, then on the left knee and before I know it, I was in a praying position (with hands on the floor) to the car across... and there was SOMEONE in there ! Faintz ....

I picked up whatever little was left of my shattered ego and sashayed to the car which thankfully was only 2 cars away and hid in there catching my breathe .. = P

Well, today is Day 2 after the fall and it is starting to hurt and swell just a teeny bit and mum is getting all worried cos I will be flying to India on Thurs for a short biz trip. Sigh.... vanity and I'm paying for it now ....ouch ouch ouch ...

* Wanted to take a pic of the accused but didn't want to be reminded anymore!!hahahah *

4 comments:

Handmade With Love said...

Oh dear! Pricess Humpty, hope you are better now, else the Indians have to 'carry' you around. Don't eat too much curry hor...

charms said...

OMG rumball, really duno what to say. I think u should just stop ur vainity and rest for a while. Hv a fast recovery, babe!

Chanel No.5 said...

You know, I started reading this post FULL of sympathy cos I know how it feels like to fall and get injured.

BUT ... when I read about how you went down from "first on the right knee, then on the left knee.." and ending up in the PRAYING POSITION ... I just burst out laughing!
I can't help it! SORRY!

I can just imagine watching you fall - in slow mo.....

*wipes tears* hope you are feeling better ..... ;-)

Eliza said...

i'm sorry to say that i laughed while reading your account of the "great fall" too. aiyo! "lum" ball doesn't belong on unsteady wedges!